The subject of physical fitness comes up daily everywhere you look There are dozens of movies featuring a stalwart young man or woman working out to the maximum to gain entry into the 5K Triathlon, or the Olympic downhill slalom ski race. These special young people want something more from the fitness principle than just the action or the doing of it. They want a good-looking body with no lumps or bumps around the midsection or flab in the hips.
A diet is considered a raw food diet if it consists of at least 75% raw, uncooked fruits, vegetables, sprouts, etc. Raw and living foods are believed to contain essential food enzymes (living foods contain a higher enzyme content than cooked foods). The cooking process (i.e., heating foods above 116°F) is thought to destroy food enzymes.
People who follow the raw diet use particular techniques to prepare foods. These include sprouting seeds, grains and beans; soaking nuts and dried fruits; and juicing fruits and vegetables. The only cooking that is allowed is via a dehydrator. This piece of equipment blows hot air through the food but never reaches a temperature higher than 116°F.
Do you have to follow the regimen that strictly? Of course not. But it’s certainly worth it to incorporate some of these techniques and ideas into your diet. If you tend to snack at work, try taking in carrots or apple slices. Many of the bigger grocery stores now offer packaged vegetables or fruits that make it easier to pack them and take them to work. We’re a nation of convenience, and much of the resistance to healthier eating is that it does generally take a little more effort and time to buy and slice fruits and vegetables. Food retailers have been catching on, slowly, and it’s much easier now to get bags of sliced carrots, celery, apples, nuts and raisins.
Of course these aren’t necessarily organic foods, and organic is the better way to go, but we think anything raw is infinitely better than cooked, processed food. If you have the time, do buy organic and slice them yourself. But if you’re in a hurry, and nowhere near a natural food store, then don’t beat yourself up or sabotage your efforts because you can’t do this 100% all the time. That’s not realistic. Anything from the fruit and vegetable aisle is going to be better for you than a potato chip, or worse yet, a french fry!
IN thaw frozen meat, often times you put it in a container filled with water. Apparently, the wrong way!
Thaw frozen meat stored in a freezer due to long-term, by placing it in the water it is one of the fastest way of eliminating the existing ice content in the meat.
According Readerdigest, with water then put in the melting point of the meat will not work with most, especially nutrition and nutrient content in the meat will disappear, especially its solution will get into the water.
In addition, the temperature of the temperature factor is in the meat cooler with temperatures in the water must have been different. The temperature difference is what will accelerate nutrition and nutrition is in the meat so it disappeared.
Then, how the melting technique right? Defrost frozen meat should be done slowly, by putting frozen meat into the container and let the entire content of the ice cubes melt in the meat itself.
Warm conditions, there are no other material would quickly push the cold temperature. Do not even want to take off the wrapping meat when the meat melt.
Let loose wrapping up, when it melted all the liquid waste that is in the container, then open the wrapping.
After the cold temperatures that exist in the flesh was gone, then rinse the meat with water as this will make the cells in the meat will be together again.
Enjoying fine food is definitely one of the pleasures of life. There is so much fast food and bland tasting dishes today because of the lack of time to really prepare food right, that when you do get to enjoy gourmet fine food, it’s a special treat.
So what makes any food or drink qualify to be called “gourmet”?
Well, in general it means that a particular food or drink is considered above average in quality, and will appeal even to those who have the most discriminating tastes. It also usually means that a lot of time and effort has gone into it’s preparation too.
What comes to mind when you think of gourmet foods? Here is a list of many fine foods and beverages that can be found in the gourmet food category:
1. Coffees – Gourmet coffees include many exotic coffee blends from around the world and flavored coffees. Frequently you can get a nice mixture of various gourmet coffees that allow you to sample them before buying more of each kind.
2. Teas – There are several specialty teas from all over the world that qualify to be called gourmet tea.They can be either green, black, oolong or herbal teas. Again, you can often get sampler packs of these exotic teas to try them out first.
3. Chocolates – Whether milk, dark or white chocolate,gourmet chocolate assortments often come with fruit, nuts, and cream centers that are just incredibly delicious.
4. Caviar – If you really want to taste the good life, enjoy any of the various kinds of caviar, from the American Golden to the Russian Dark variety. Of course this is one type of gourmet food that can get really pricey fast, but there is a caviar for pretty much any budget if you look carefully enough.
5. Seafood – There are lots of seafoods that have been specially prepared as gourmet foods including smoked herring, oysters, shrimp and lobster rolls and bisques. There’s lots more in this category too and again you can often get samplers for taste testing in advance.
6. Fish – Some of the favorite gourmet fish foods are salmon, tuna, and halibut.
7. Meats – This is one of the largest gourmet categories and lately has become very popular. Entries in this field include ribs, roasts, steaks, and even some dried and cured meats.
8. Poultry – There are any number of gourmet foods prepared with chicken, but duck and turkey is also top favorites for special dishes.
So where can you use gourmet foods? Almost any special occasion is a good time to include gourmet foods, drinks, or desserts on the menu. Everything from intimate dinners for two to large social gatherings are all acceptable places to include the delicious taste of gourmet foods to help make that occasion truly special and unforgettable.